Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let's try this again....

Ok, so this time last year I tried this idea. Let's write about our favorite foods... it didn't work so well. Mostly because, well, I didn't write! So, B and I have decided that we are going to again try to tackle this idea.

Mostly we will write about what we cook. Whether we like it or not is a different story. B gave Me a set of wonderful books for Christmas. The theme this year was to be Christmas in the Kitchen - Easley style! So, Ms. K (K. Cook) feel free to join in at any time! First he found a wonderful HUGE Martha Stewart cooking book. WOW.

Of course he found this at our favorite getting place - TJMAXXXXX so, I would suggest you run out and find it there!  Then he turned around and the new one was there too!   Now... you must go see if you can get that one too!!! Of course, as he was leaving he found the best one of all!!!

Martha Stewart Cooking School Cook Book!!!!

OH MY Little Heart!!!!

Happyness abounds!

So, starting on page 256....

So, tonight we started in.... B took tonight's cooking and he prepared the Sauteed Pork Medallions.  WOW!  He had to make several adjustments, it called for a bit of heavy cream - we didn't have that, so he used Emma's 2% milk.  He used dried sage version fresh because it is winter.  Also, didn't have true Brandy, so B used something else... I think perhaps Sherry.  ANYWAY, regardless, I can't imagine how wonderful the true recipe would taste because B's version was true bliss.  We agreed that there would be some true reasons for trying the the actual recipe.  The cream would make the sauce "stick" a bit more, probably hold a bit more flavor also.  I don't know enough about the Brandy vs. Sherry, but that might significantly change the flavor.

IF you find this book, I hightly suggest this recipe!!  Well, now I need to refill my coffee and find a tidd bit of something sweet tasting.  Probably another cup of my apple cider vinegar/lemon juice/ stevia/ hot h2o and don't forget that 1/8 tsp of baking soda to cut the acidity!!  That way those pretty toothies are not hurt!

Good Night world!

1 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Oh! I'm so glad you're starting this up again. I've been wanting to get back into it, too, and I've been trying to think of the best way to do it. This is perfect!

My new (for Christmas from Lyle) cookbook is Nourishing Traditions. Very "granola mama"ish! I can't believe I'm actually going to try to go organic!