Friday, September 5, 2008

Quick and Easy Nacho Dip


Quick and Easy Nacho Dip
(adapted from a recipe in Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook)
1 lb. ground beef
taco seasoning to taste
onion powder to taste
garlic powder to taste
4 cups salsa
15-oz. can refried beans
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 cups shredded "taco" cheese, divided
tortilla chips
Brown ground beef. Drain. Add taco seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder.

Combine beef, salsa, beans, sour cream and 2 cups cheese in slow cooker.

Cover. Heat on Low 2 hours. Just before serving sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Note from Karla: I have been trying out Crockpot recipes from the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook this week. I find it almost impossible to follow a recipe to the letter, so I am posting them here with my adaptations.

My idea is to have crockpot meals for supper on week-nights. I just stocked up on a variety of "cheap" meats (hamburger, sausage, chicken, roast, etc.) and different canned and frozen vegetables to have on hand to try a variety of the recipes in this book. I'll try to remember to take pictures and post my adaptation of each one I try along with my family's opinion.

We had this Wednesday night this week. Lyle said it was "Pretty good!" (A high compliment from him is "Not bad!" so this is a step up from that!) He gave it a 4 on a scale from 1 to 5... with the definition of 4 being "Good. Fix it regularly, a couple of times a month."

1 comments:

B and ME said...

I think this one sounds good! I want to try it soon! Thank you for the ideas and the great pics!!