Sunday, September 7, 2008

Slow-Cooker Pizza

Slow-Cooker Pizza
(adapted from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook)

1.5 lbs. bulk sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
half a box rigatoni, cooked
3 oz. sliced pepperoni
16-oz. jar pizza sauce
10 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
10 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown sausage in saucepan. Drain.

Layer half of each of the following, in the order given, in a slow cooker: sausage, onions, green pepper, noodles, black olives, pepperoni, pizza sauce, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese.

Cover. Cook on Low 3-4 hours.

Note: Keep rigatoni covered with sauce so they don't become dry and crunchy.


Karla's Notes: First of all, I used "salad macaroni" instead of "rigatoni" because that's what I had. As far as I know, the only difference is the shape, right? And, then, I had no idea how much "half a box" was since the pasta I had was in a bag. I just guessed and used half a bag and that seemed to be about right...

We had this tonight. Lyle rated it a 4 also. He's just pretty easy to please!


0 comments: